Don't you love when visitors come to stay at your house? It's a forced overhaul - I find myself cleaning and cleaning like a madwoman - whether it needs it or not - and the end result feels so good. I ask myself often, why don't I just keep that up?
Jay's parents were here for a visit and left last weekend. We had a great time - and the house sparkled. It feels so good. Today - we have some more visitors - who made their way in on Pecan's BACK the night she got out the back door. Umm ... yes .... fleas .... gulp .... am I really admitting this ... let alone sharing it?
Well - the 'guests' made their way to Meuw - our second cat - BIG cat - and have made camp. We tried a simple flea shampoo initially, thinking we had caught them in time. Umm ..... didn't work. We purchased a topical treatment - and so far, it seems to be doing the trick. We'll see next month when we have to apply dosage #2.
What's my point other than my pets have joined the ranks of millions of other pets around the world? These 'guests' have cause me to clean and clean and clean again - and I'm just not getting that 'satisfaction' I normally get when preparing for other 'guests'. Could it be because I'm changing and washing bedding daily - vacuuming our mattresses / box springs daily / disinfecting everything in sight / vacuuming vacuuming vacuuming / did I mention vacuuming? And no matter what I do - it just doesn't seem 'clean' - know what I mean?
Enough whining - I do that when I get frustrated - notice that? :) Our poor kitties - they've been doused with some greasy goop on their necks where they can't quite reach - and have been separated so they don't groom each other and ingest the ointment. In the meantime, I follow them around like a hawk noting everywhere they've been to either wipe up or clean up or vacuum, did I mention vacuum to ensure all the lovely 'guests' and their families and yuck that go with them don't make camp on anything else. I can tell Pecan and Meuw are disheveled. They're feeling unloved - because no one has really petted them since last night when the ointment went on. What to do ... what to do ... other than sing their names when I see them and show a little love that way. Hmph.
I'm always a little sad to see guests go .... but these guests can 'bite me' so to speak ... not literally ... FLEAS BE GONE!!!!!
Jay's parents were here for a visit and left last weekend. We had a great time - and the house sparkled. It feels so good. Today - we have some more visitors - who made their way in on Pecan's BACK the night she got out the back door. Umm ... yes .... fleas .... gulp .... am I really admitting this ... let alone sharing it?
Well - the 'guests' made their way to Meuw - our second cat - BIG cat - and have made camp. We tried a simple flea shampoo initially, thinking we had caught them in time. Umm ..... didn't work. We purchased a topical treatment - and so far, it seems to be doing the trick. We'll see next month when we have to apply dosage #2.
What's my point other than my pets have joined the ranks of millions of other pets around the world? These 'guests' have cause me to clean and clean and clean again - and I'm just not getting that 'satisfaction' I normally get when preparing for other 'guests'. Could it be because I'm changing and washing bedding daily - vacuuming our mattresses / box springs daily / disinfecting everything in sight / vacuuming vacuuming vacuuming / did I mention vacuuming? And no matter what I do - it just doesn't seem 'clean' - know what I mean?
Enough whining - I do that when I get frustrated - notice that? :) Our poor kitties - they've been doused with some greasy goop on their necks where they can't quite reach - and have been separated so they don't groom each other and ingest the ointment. In the meantime, I follow them around like a hawk noting everywhere they've been to either wipe up or clean up or vacuum, did I mention vacuum to ensure all the lovely 'guests' and their families and yuck that go with them don't make camp on anything else. I can tell Pecan and Meuw are disheveled. They're feeling unloved - because no one has really petted them since last night when the ointment went on. What to do ... what to do ... other than sing their names when I see them and show a little love that way. Hmph.
I'm always a little sad to see guests go .... but these guests can 'bite me' so to speak ... not literally ... FLEAS BE GONE!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment