Cate and I strolled in a little early to pick up Lexi. What surprised me, was that it was so CALM. Usually, the first few days of preschool in the past have resulted in energy plus and kids checking everything out and cruising around - nope, some were finishing their lunches, and others were reading with one of the teachers. OH MY WORD. I was expecting bedlam - but it was actually quite comforting - which was excellent. What was even better, was when one of the returning teachers "C" commented on how she couldn't get over how "calm" Lexi is and how much she has changed over the summer. You see, I have the leader of the bedlam group, the social director, the instigator, basically, the one with all the energy. What a surprise, to find her sitting quietly EATING her lunch (in the past, she would eat it in the car - because she had 'too much to do'), chatting with 'C', asking 'May I be excused' when she was finished. Whew - that made a mommy proud :)
We wrapped things up - Lexi showed me the new books they will be reading next week, and we were off to the coat room. Now Cate on the other hand, she was a handful to get out of there - but Lexi lead the way - wooo-haaa - I'm hoping this is a start to a new year!! :)
Lexi quietly road home, helping Cate from time to time, and is enjoying a little PBS Kids this afternoon. I would chalk this up as a very good day :)
YAY Lexi!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment