Friday, September 07, 2007

I'm Ba-a-ck!!

After a little more of a week banning myself from the computer, I've been reluctant to post - and honestly - I've been putting it off and putting it off - but it's been a monkey on my back :) - not because I don't want to share fun news with everyone :) - but because I guess I'm out of 'shape'.
The past week, the girls and I have had a B-L-A-S-T. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary, just royally hung out with each other. Nothing spectacular, I guess it's just that I've made it a point to hang out with them - putting my blogging, crafts, and yes, some housework aside to watch them ... yep ... just watch them.My girls amaze me. They make my heart swell. They bring tears of joy to my eyes at just the mere thought of them. I knew I always wanted to be a mommy, and knew what a fulfilling part of my life they would be, but I never ever was prepared for the indescribable feelings I have for my girls.

Miss Alexandra will be turning five - where did those five years go!? She has been my best buddy since the day she was born. My heart melts when she yells from the other room, "Mommy I love you". This morning, I woke to, "Mommy, your my best buddy". What did I do to deserve that!? :) She is off for her first full day of school today - and yes - I miss her :) - but I'm excited and nervous for her at the same time. She is in a tremendous program and I'm so pleased she's a part of the Child Study Center at U Maine!

Lexi had a great day back to school Wednesday as we all returned for an open house and mini party to celebrate back-to-school. She walked into the building like it was old hat - ran immediately to the coat room to find her 'new' cubby. She made a new friend Hailey who will be turning five this month. Hailey's mom and I were both relieved to find that there would be another 'older' kid in the program. Lexi and Hailey hit it off and I'm really hoping they both become good friends this year :).

Miss Cate has been named "Mini Me" by the staff at school. Cate is a little carbon copy of Lexi - and the staff couldn't get over how much she has grown since we first started the program when she was two months old :) Cate was blown away by the classroom. She's been in that room millions of times - but this time - whoa - move out of her way - she wants to PLAY!!! I told Lexi that I will need her help this year getting Miss Cate out of school!!

Looks are the only thing that Cate and Lexi share. I've said this before, they have extremely different personalities. Cate has a quiet way about her - a touch here - a glance there. She has brown eyes that can melt your heart. Cate LOVES Lexi. She is learning from Lexi. But she is all Cate :). She's my sweetie pie - my moo-moo - she is a constant joy.

Cate is working on talking - she repeats everything we say. Up until now - she has been a quiet soul - who is more than able to get our attention with "ah-ah-ah" and pulling on our hand. HOWEVER - I think she is beginning to see the connection that is possible when she uses her 'words'.

Cate LOVES music - she will clap and dance and sway even to the most annoying tv commercials :). Right now, her favorite song is "Skinamarinky dinky dink" - you know - Skinamarinky dinky dink, Skinamarinky doo - I LOVE YOU. She will shout it to the mountain tops actions and all. Her old stand by is Itsy Bitsy Spider - and then, the ever popular standby Old McDonald - who only owns a cow mind you :).

Cate also loves her play kitchen - and will make sure she prepares a baked sippy cup - with milk filling - seriously. She is known for stashing her sippies in the oven - and I hate to admit, sometimes it is DAYS before we find the gourmet treat.
THIS is why I took that week off. It was my vacation of sorts. Now ... I've got laundry backed up that needs putting away, a kitchen that needs more than a spit and a polish and other chores that were put aside. I'm sure it will take some time to get back on 'schedule' - heck, maybe I'll toss the 'schedule' out the window. I'm enjoying my girls - I'm enjoying seeing them grow. I'll have years and years to have a perfect 'house' after they've grown and moved on.

No comments: