Grandma and Grandpa left this morning. I think it was harder on me than the girls. Lexi knows and understands hello and goodbye. That's all she's ever known since she was eighteen months old. People we love come, and go and come again, it's a natural progression. For me, it's hard to see loved one's 'go' - because it's always been natural for me to have them around. I asked Lexi if she missed G'ma and G'pa ... and she said, no, we'll see them next June. OK - I don't think she has any real idea how long that is ... but in her mind, they will come again and she'll love her time with them, and life goes on. For me, they come and go, and I find myself trying to pick up pieces again and get back into our routine just as we did when we first moved to Maine, only with time, the pieces aren't as 'sharp' and the process doesn't seem so 'severe' to me anymore. I learned a lot from a very wise four year old this time around!
We loved EVERY MINUTE while they were here. We did a few short day trips, some valuable mother / daughter shopping !! :) They helped conquer some big projects, we played a mean tournement of Skippbo (of which my mom and I won, thank you very much! :) )but the most precious to me, were the times I was able to watch them interact with the girls. Something sparked within each Cate and Lexi. They love them!!



1 comment:
Reading this entry makes me miss your parents, too!!!!! Every time Doug and I leave Minnesota from having seen your parents, we are always really sad. They are two of our favorite people in the whole world! And Henry sure fell in love with them on our last visit as well.
Now, as far as Skipbo tournaments go, your mom and I have yet to beat your dad and Doug (and even Doug will tell you it is not due to his Skipbo skills, haha). Your dad is UNBEATABLE in my experience, so a hearty CONGRATS to you and Joyce for beating the pants off those boys!!!!! :)
Love the all the pics -- the bookshelves are very impressive!
Post a Comment