After two weeks of spring break, Lexi returned to school this morning :). Happy, and a tad apprehensive ... until one of her friends yelled out her name in the parking lot when he saw her :). She was out of the coatroom in a flash - leaving mommy behind to put away her things in her cubby. I went into the room and she was her normal happy go lucky greeter, saying 'hi' to everyone :)
We headed out the door a tad late this morning. The girls have been sleeping a little later (thanks - or should I say no thanks) to daylight savings. Jay and I depend on them as alarm clocks :) - and when I woke up at 6:40 on my own realizing we needed to be out the door (still to get bathed, pack Lexi's lunch, yadda yadda), I knew we would be pushing it. HOWEVER - we were out the door and in the car not TOO terribly late and most importantly, with smiles on our faces (some days, that's an accomplishment in itself).
Cate and I hit the grocery store where she scored a new stuffed tiger. She NEVER asks for anything - or to see anything - but in her sweet little way, she made it 'known' that she really wanted to see the tiger - and loved it up when she held it - she had the smile that melts the pocketbook - and yes, we went home with it in addition to the groceries :)
Cate and I are home alone this morning. It has a quiet empty kinda feeling :) - in that there isn't someone racing from one of the end of the house to the next - busy busy busy - that's Lexi's way :) - Cate too, is a little more subdued, she doesn't have anyone to chase :) I can't wait for 1:00 :)
Happy Monday everyone!!!
ta-ta
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment