Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Whew .... what a month!

My word .... wasn't I supposed to have MORE time now that both girls are in school?! Apparently not. My laundry isn't getting folded or put away any faster that's for sure!!! :)

We have been busy - we've also experienced the fallout of the start of school and its virtual germ cesspool as both Lexi and Cate caught colds - and now me. Cate is recovering nicely. Lexi, developed a respiratory infection that flared asthma like symptoms. After a doctors appointment, we were sent home with inhalers, allergy meds and an antibiotic. We are returning this Friday for a follow-up and also to test for asthma and the ever dreaded flu shot. Lexi thankfully, is doing MUCH MUCH MUCH better. The meds kicked in FAST - and kicked the infections tush - and Lexi is down to using her inhaler only twice a day vs every four hours. She's back to her old self and feeling so much better!!!

Perhaps I'm 'busier' because I have new found 'me' time :). I've made a few trips into Bangor I'm sure that wasn't all that necessary - and have also purchased a few items I'm sure I don't need :) but I've fun doing some errands on my own. What I miss though - and I never thought I would miss this ... is the constant chatter from the back seat :). That, and my grocery shopping buddies - I miss them so much in general :)

Cate and I drove down to Waterville for an eye appointment. Apparently the only pediatric Opthamologist is 50+ miles south. After an hour and a half drive down and another back, we found out that Cate's eyes are fine .. that her 'squint' is probably part of her silly 2 year old self that could have become habit. She did great - eye dilation and all. Big girl :)

Both girls are off to school this morning. I'm enjoying some tea - and then, I'm off to gallivant around the Bangor area. I figure I only have a few more months before the snow starts and 'gallivanting' no longer is that much fun.

Happy Wednesday everyone!! :)

No comments: