When I was little ... my mom would let me stay home from school and we would ... yes .... go shopping!! :) It's one of my most favorite memories. We would take a cab from our house to the bus stop at the mall - you see - this wasn't just any shopping trip - we were heading downtown :). We could take the bus from the mall right downtown where we would spend the day perusing all eight floors of Daytons (now Macy's - shame on them). After shopping and having lunch, my mom and I would head to the housewares department where I would spend what seemed like forever next to giant bins of soap - looking at them and sniffing them - in my glory. Even as an adult, there is nothing I like more than a good bar of soap - seriously - ask Jay - there is NOTHING I love more to get as a gift than wonderfully handcrafted soap - I would take that over chocolate and flowers anyday - weird - but true.
Why this walk down memory lane!? Because there is a super fun give-away at a new blog I've come across thanks to Valarie :) - "thanks Val!". Lulufish is giving away some serious goodies - check 'em out - and if you win - don't tell me :) A girl can hope can't she!? :) And I must say - MUCH MUCH BETTER than the bins of soaps at Dayton's - Karen makes ALL of her goods - by hand :) - I took a soap making class once .... that my friends, is dedication and an art - with such lovely results. Stop by her blog and get excited with me!!
Hooray and good luck!!
Why this walk down memory lane!? Because there is a super fun give-away at a new blog I've come across thanks to Valarie :) - "thanks Val!". Lulufish is giving away some serious goodies - check 'em out - and if you win - don't tell me :) A girl can hope can't she!? :) And I must say - MUCH MUCH BETTER than the bins of soaps at Dayton's - Karen makes ALL of her goods - by hand :) - I took a soap making class once .... that my friends, is dedication and an art - with such lovely results. Stop by her blog and get excited with me!!
Hooray and good luck!!



1 comment:
check you out! i was reading the post thinking, man if she loves soap, i should send her some lulufish, and then i kept reading, and hurray! you entered! if you win, you need to order a bar of "heather" soap -- i've always wanted to visit scotland so this will have to tie me over until i do. :)
i've enjoyed reading up on the girls' school adventures...
Post a Comment