During all the hubbub with our garage construction, my dad kept busy watching and chatting with the guys while they were on break.
He built us a new picnic table :)
- and helped Jay put walls up on the second floor of the garage. 
Whew- now we can all breath a little better about the girls going up there.
- and helped Jay put walls up on the second floor of the garage. 
Whew- now we can all breath a little better about the girls going up there.My mom and I recovered a couch
- that was a learning experience!
We enjoyed the yard (sans the black flies),
watched the puppy,
watched Lexi get on the school bus for the first time when she started Kindergarten Camp, (yes I cried when she drove away)
went to t-ball games:



did some therapy shopping :) - and had a SkipBo tournament. See why we miss them already?! Not because of the 'things' but for the fact that we got to do it with them.
- that was a learning experience!We enjoyed the yard (sans the black flies),
watched the puppy,
watched Lexi get on the school bus for the first time when she started Kindergarten Camp, (yes I cried when she drove away)
went to t-ball games:


did some therapy shopping :) - and had a SkipBo tournament. See why we miss them already?! Not because of the 'things' but for the fact that we got to do it with them.We had a wonderful Fourth of July. We visited the small town of Burlington for their parade and 4H festivities.
Cate and Lexi rode a full size horse for the first time ... YES ... Cate too. We forgot the camera at home, but picture two girls atop a beautiful horse with smiles the size of the sun :) - it's easy to imagine!! We BBQ'd and I hate to admit this, watched fireworks on PBS - we were TIRED!!!Yesterday, we headed up to Togue Pond near Mt. Katahdin for a day at the beach. It was LOVELY!!! We swam in the cold water - grilled out - and relaxed. Lovely Lovely Lovely.






Goodbye's are hard - but memories make up for it!



1 comment:
Wow, you covered a couch? I can't even imagine how difficult that would be! But man, I am impressed. :)
I so wish we could have been up there with all of you guys. And we always are missing your parents -- they definitely hold a special place in our hearts, and we always look forward to our fall pilgrimage up to see them. Did your dad's team win Skip-Bo? No matter how hard we try, your mom and I never can seem to win a tournament against your dad and Doug (all your dad's skill, not poor Doug's, haha).
I'm glad you had such a great time!
Post a Comment