Monday, April 14, 2008

Fire up your Enigma Machines!

Yes .... I realize it has been a VERY long time since I posted to our blog ... a brief Easter post yes ... but a really LONG time since I posted about what's up with us. The past two months could pretty much be summed up as:

snow
snow
snow
rain
ice
ka-boom
red-tape
red-tape
snow
snow
contractors
blueprints
blueprints again
cough cough
toot-toot
cough cough
cough cough
red-tape
blueprints one more time
cough cough
one eye, two eye, red eye, pink eye
cough cough cough cough cough

Cryptic? Yes - sorry :)

In March, our 2300+ square foot barn "fell down" (as Cate likes to say). A combination of heavy snow, rain and ice collapsed the sizable I-beams and came down in one full swoop. Since then, it seems like our attention focused on recovering and claiming the lost items, coordinating with the insurance company and contractor to rebuild. Who knew there were so many options when it came to garages!!!

Our focus shifted once again, when Jay came down with the flu over Easter which developed into Bronchitis - yuck, yuck double yuck! Cate at the same time, had the flu of a different variety to avoid too much detail if you get my drift, and our attention was turned to getting better.

Then ... for a brief period, our focus turned back to the insurance, and contractor plans when Lexi and I came down with the Influenza bug Jay had weeks earlier. I must say, that my focus has been out of focus since then as that bug has literally kicked me in the tush big time. I'm just concentrating on maintaining a daily routine as well as keeping my hands lubed up with lotion from the uber amount of hand washing going on in this house.

Oh yes, One Eye, Two Eye, Red Eye, Pink Eye - you figure it out - it's not a long lost Seuss book either. It involves eye drops and two not so happy kiddos and mommy.

Now, ask me if I would like some cheese with my whine .. I know. I'm sorry. Here's a happy note to go out on:

The sun is shining, the ice on the river went out this weekend, they are predicting temps in the 60's this week, and we only have a little over 2 feet of snow to melt in the back yard!!!!

No comments: