MEATLOAF!! - I know- you've had one, you've had them all - but not so much in this case - how often do you use the Crockpot to make this seemingly household standard?I was a bit skeptical when I first considered the recipe - I mean, meat cooking in it's own fat juice for hours?! BUT - surprisingly, nature takes its course, and when the meat is removed, the fat juice is left behind, and you are left with a delightfully moist and JUICY (NOT FATTY) meatloaf. It is a standard in our house - but most importantly - it has become a favorite!!
I got the original recipe from Flylady.com - and have since 'tweaked' it to our liking - ie, I use more ketchup and Worechester sauce than it calls for - I go by sight, not by spoon. I often double it up - and it makes great leftovers for Meatloaf sandwiches!! Another thing I love - is that there are NO crackers or breadcrumbs involved - an ingredient that has caused me to skip the traditional blue plate special in the past.
Here's the original recipe - Enjoy - and mess around with it to your liking!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 fork-beaten eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of ketchup, Chili sauce OR salsa - we use organic ketcup
- 3 Tablespoons Onion soup mix - I use a whole envelope of Lipton Soup Mix
- 3 Tablespoons beef/steak seasoning - we use Worchester sauce
Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
THANK YOU Sandra for starting this! I have lurked a long time and I'm pleased to join the group this week!!! :)


6 comments:
This sounds good! I'll be trying it out. Thanks for sharing!
Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/
I'm so glad you decided to come out of lurkdom and join us :) It always thrills me to see a new face :)
This sounds SO SO good, I can not wait to try it out. Thank you for sharing!
This looks really good. Thanks for sharing. Welcome to Slow Cooker Thursday!
MJ
this sounds wonderful! and it's gluten free, too!
xox
steph
My husband loves meat loaf, expecially meatloaf sandwiches. Thanks for this recipe!
That sounds good, I have made meat loaf in a crock pot before and it was good, but I am going to try your recipe for it. Thanks.
Post a Comment