Thursday, January 17, 2008

Let the sun shine in!!!!

OK - I didn't intend on getting a somewhat annoying song in your heads - come on - you know which one I'm talking about.

I literally mean, let the sun shine IN. I'm so thankful for sunny days. Our house is FULL of windows on the south side. On sunny days, we have natural solar heating that streams through the windows into our kitchen and living room and does a bang up job of heating our house.

With the jump in oil prices (our last fill was $3.07 / gallon - YIKES), we've been keeping our thermastat down day and night. During the day, we keep it roughly around 65 - at night, around 62. Believe it or not, I've gotten used to the temps - this from the girl who wouldn't let it fall below 70 degrees - not an option anymore with our lovely high oil prices!

ANYWAY, what I'm getting at, sunny days are a blessing, because it keeps our house usually around 68 and our heat won't kick in until the sun is near going down. Gotta love that!!

SO .... let the sun shine in!!!

No comments: