Yesterday was a whirlwind. With the transmission out on the Explorer - Jay and I are 'sharing' a car - and that involves all of us carpooling to Bangor MWF when Lexi has school. That in itself makes for a busy morning - getting everyone ready and out the door in time. Not to mention, we're on week one of transitioning Cate to her 'big girl bed' - which I must say - is going very well!!
Friday was particuarly busy for us. After dropping Jay and Lexi off, Cate and I headed to Walmart ot check out their toy selection and some other things on my 'list'. I left with a candle - a gift for Lexi and zip log bags - not the most successful of trips. But still.
From there - we headed to a playgroup play date! I was so completely excited to meet with some new moms and see some familiar faces too! Adult conversation is always welcomed!! :) AND - I'm so pleased Cate is having an opportunity to meet and play with little ones her own age. I really had a fun time - and so did Cate!
After picking up Lex, it was off to the grocery store. There is rumor of a big storm heading our way on Monday - and there really wasn't much in the house for food - so we spent some valuable time at Hannaford. We cruised home, dropped off the groceries and then headed back to the Bangor area (25 miles mind you) to pick up Jay early because we were heading up to Lincoln - on of the area communities near our home - for their annual Christmas Lights Parade and Lighting of the Christmas Tree.
We almost didn't go - we rushed around so much Cate never got a nap in - and both Cate and Lexi were out for the count by the time we reached Lincoln. I knew though, that Lexi would be upset if we ended up at home - waking her up - only to have missed the 'festivities'. Granted, those festivities were in 22 degree weather mind you - but still - firsts are exciting!!!
SO - we woke up Lexi - bundled her up - watched the lights parade - all five entries :) - but it was FUN. Definitely small town - but that's what made last night so special. At the tree lighting, an area Pastor prayed for the town, for the Christmas season, for all the residents etc before the lights on the tree were lit - and there wasn't a sound while he was praying - you could hear a pin drop. After the tree was lit, the fourth grade class at the elementary school sang Christmas Carols - INCLUDING Away in a Manger AND Silent night. These were public school kids - at a town sponsored event. After the caroling, they had a time of silence and a prayer by a local Vet for our nations military.
This was our first year welcoming in the holiday season with the Town of Lincoln at their night of events. I have to say, that I have never seen anything like that in a VERY long time coming from a town - not a church - but a town, where a town openly prayed together - mention the military in a setting that doesn't include a protest - and celebrated the season how THEY wanted, and didn't let the political correctness that has plagued our cities dampen what's important to them.
In November, Jason had an opportunity to interview with the State of Minnesota for a position with the Department of Agriculture. It was topic of a blog entry not too far back - although the specifics weren't given, I did mention the changes we were possibly facing. Jay found out this week that he was not the candidate chosen, and I am so pleased with that. Honestly. Even though I would much rather be closer to my family and my friends, I really feel like this is where we belong. This is where Cate and Lexi will benefit the most from and grow up in a community where it's still OK to pray in public, acknowledge that Christmas really is about Christ, and not be fearful of expressing what is important to them.
It has taken me almost four years to be able to say that without some sort of regret in the back of my mind - missing family, friends, etc. There's a lot to be thankful for this season. I'm thankful I'm able to get past my pity party of moving 'away' and see the great things we have. When Jay was first contacted by the recruiter for the State of Minnesota, we couldn't figure out 'why' we were faced with that option now. We were settling in - things were going good. I really thought the Lord had a change in plan for us - but prayed that doors would be opened and closed according to His will. Looking back now, I have a feeling that it was a final 'step' He had planned for me, not so much Jay and his career, to be able to say 'My HOME is in Howland, Maine, and so is my heart'. What a wonderful Lord we have :).
Friday was particuarly busy for us. After dropping Jay and Lexi off, Cate and I headed to Walmart ot check out their toy selection and some other things on my 'list'. I left with a candle - a gift for Lexi and zip log bags - not the most successful of trips. But still.
From there - we headed to a playgroup play date! I was so completely excited to meet with some new moms and see some familiar faces too! Adult conversation is always welcomed!! :) AND - I'm so pleased Cate is having an opportunity to meet and play with little ones her own age. I really had a fun time - and so did Cate!
After picking up Lex, it was off to the grocery store. There is rumor of a big storm heading our way on Monday - and there really wasn't much in the house for food - so we spent some valuable time at Hannaford. We cruised home, dropped off the groceries and then headed back to the Bangor area (25 miles mind you) to pick up Jay early because we were heading up to Lincoln - on of the area communities near our home - for their annual Christmas Lights Parade and Lighting of the Christmas Tree.
We almost didn't go - we rushed around so much Cate never got a nap in - and both Cate and Lexi were out for the count by the time we reached Lincoln. I knew though, that Lexi would be upset if we ended up at home - waking her up - only to have missed the 'festivities'. Granted, those festivities were in 22 degree weather mind you - but still - firsts are exciting!!!
SO - we woke up Lexi - bundled her up - watched the lights parade - all five entries :) - but it was FUN. Definitely small town - but that's what made last night so special. At the tree lighting, an area Pastor prayed for the town, for the Christmas season, for all the residents etc before the lights on the tree were lit - and there wasn't a sound while he was praying - you could hear a pin drop. After the tree was lit, the fourth grade class at the elementary school sang Christmas Carols - INCLUDING Away in a Manger AND Silent night. These were public school kids - at a town sponsored event. After the caroling, they had a time of silence and a prayer by a local Vet for our nations military.
This was our first year welcoming in the holiday season with the Town of Lincoln at their night of events. I have to say, that I have never seen anything like that in a VERY long time coming from a town - not a church - but a town, where a town openly prayed together - mention the military in a setting that doesn't include a protest - and celebrated the season how THEY wanted, and didn't let the political correctness that has plagued our cities dampen what's important to them.
In November, Jason had an opportunity to interview with the State of Minnesota for a position with the Department of Agriculture. It was topic of a blog entry not too far back - although the specifics weren't given, I did mention the changes we were possibly facing. Jay found out this week that he was not the candidate chosen, and I am so pleased with that. Honestly. Even though I would much rather be closer to my family and my friends, I really feel like this is where we belong. This is where Cate and Lexi will benefit the most from and grow up in a community where it's still OK to pray in public, acknowledge that Christmas really is about Christ, and not be fearful of expressing what is important to them.
It has taken me almost four years to be able to say that without some sort of regret in the back of my mind - missing family, friends, etc. There's a lot to be thankful for this season. I'm thankful I'm able to get past my pity party of moving 'away' and see the great things we have. When Jay was first contacted by the recruiter for the State of Minnesota, we couldn't figure out 'why' we were faced with that option now. We were settling in - things were going good. I really thought the Lord had a change in plan for us - but prayed that doors would be opened and closed according to His will. Looking back now, I have a feeling that it was a final 'step' He had planned for me, not so much Jay and his career, to be able to say 'My HOME is in Howland, Maine, and so is my heart'. What a wonderful Lord we have :).



No comments:
Post a Comment