Last Tuesday, I got a brilliant idea .... and asked Jason to bring the Toddler Bed in from the barn. We've been talking forever about transitioning Cate from her crib to a bed - and from our room to Lexi's room. It's not like I didn't already have things to do that day - I did - I had dishes - laundry - just about everything on my to-do-list ... but for some reason, I thought it was a 'good time'.
So - he brought it in - and left for work.
There it was, sitting in our porch - and I thought - I'll clean it up and let Cate look at it - to create excitement you know.
So I cleaned it up - and brought it inside.
Cate looked at it - EXCITED.
I brought it upstairs ..... into Lexi's room. That's right - Lexi's room.
The crib mattress soon followed - into Lexi's room and I then made my way to our room.
To take apart the crib.
Now this is where it gets 'GOOD' - because Cate looked like she lost her best friend as I dismantled the crib. Get my sarcasm in using the word 'GOOD'?
A little while later, all seemed well - and Cate actually asked to go to 'ni-ni' like she usually does. GREAT I thought - now is my chance.
To lock her up in Lexi's room with a gate on the door and door shut - WHAT WAS I THINKING?!
That struck fear into that little girl like I haven't seen in her. DUH - DUH - DUH - I'm sorry, I'm a mom right?! WHAT WAS I THINKING - patience, aren't all moms supposed to have it!? Transition - aren't moms all supposed to know about that?! It seems like I lost a bit of my 'intuition' with the birth of my second baby - because I really imagined her cuddling up in her new 'big girl bed' happy as a clam.
Ummm ... nope .... not so much.
SO - after about 30 minutes of her running from the bed to the door and back again and to the door and back again and to the door and back again, I decided I would help her transition... by laying down with her - it's a win win right?! She gets rest - I get rest.
Ummm ... nope ... not so much.
Because Lexi was home.
About three minutes after going upstairs - I hear Lexi coming up the stairs - she got lonely. Fine - we'll all take a rest - it's a win win right?! They get rest - I get rest.
Ummm ... nope ... not so much.
After about an hour of pretending, 'helping' and threatening (lol) I gave up and we all went down stairs.
Jay called - he was working late. I told him what I did and his response was, "I'm not putting the crib back up at two in the morning." followed by "I love you".
No biggie - I'll feed the girls early and get Cate in bed early - she'll be so tired she'll collapse in her big girl bed. Win win right?!
Ummm ..... nope ... not so much.
She wouldn't even go up the stairs. So I did what every good mom would do - I let her fall asleep on the footstool. From there - I brought her up into bed where she slept until oh, about midnight - and then proceeded to climb in with Lexi for a party.
That night, I decided I would sleep with Lexi to head off any 'issues' - a win win right!?
Ummm ... not so much.
Let's just say, I made it to Starbucks in the morning for a VENTI pumpkin latte - folks - I NEVER order venti anything. That afternoon, talking to Ang, I told her I wished I had just loaded the dishwasher Tuesday morning and let it go at that.
OK - I know you've got the idea. Fast forward - to this afternoon (Thursday) - poor Cate was dragging by nine this morning. I knew she was tired - but like I told my mom - she's just relaxed - lol. HOWEVER - Cate came and got me and told me she wanted to go 'ni-ni' after lunch. Fine - we'll try this out. Well - it's now one hour later - and all is well in the Thyen home.
She's upstairs - asleep - gate up - door OPEN - in Lexi's bed - a win win right!?
ABSOLUTELY!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment