Living on a single income has its challenges. We account for every penny, and know where each penny goes daily as a matter of fact. Some days, there is a little more than others, but why does it seem like you need all of those 'oddities' on the weeks that are a little more lean?
It seems our our house collected a boat load of dust over the summer months. Having our windows open coupled with the road construction along our street made for an even more intense need to keep up on the cleaning. It was at its height that I noticed one day, that we didn't have a lick of Murphy's Oil or any appropriate furniture cleaner left in the house. So .... I hit the internet.... and this is what I found:
It seems our our house collected a boat load of dust over the summer months. Having our windows open coupled with the road construction along our street made for an even more intense need to keep up on the cleaning. It was at its height that I noticed one day, that we didn't have a lick of Murphy's Oil or any appropriate furniture cleaner left in the house. So .... I hit the internet.... and this is what I found:
Homemade Cleaning Solutions - P. Allen SmithFurniture Polish
Mix 1 cup olive oil with 1/2 cup of lemon juice. Apply to wood furniture with a soft, clean cloth. Allow to dry and buff with another soft, clean cloth.
I know - it sounds more like a recipe for salad dressing - but you know what - it worked - BEAUTIFULLY - B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-L-Y!!! A little dab will do ya - and it wipes off leaving a wonderfully clean feeling - yes, oil, clean!! Coupled with the lemon, the oil is not a threat to attracting dust like I had feared. It left a nice shine - not greasy like you might think, but clear and squeeky. I'm a believer. I love this solution - solution to my problems and mixture of ingredients :) It's something I always have on hand - it's non-toxic - it doesn't threaten the girls or the cats - it's simple - and it's natural. Bravo Mr. Smith - thank you for posting!



No comments:
Post a Comment