Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes! This has been a rather strange birthday - in that I'm realizing that I'm approaching my next 'phase' in life - 40 :) I'm leaving the 'thirty something' stage and I've started thinking about what I've accomplished - and what should I have accomplished - am I really mature enough for 40? lol - then I realized - duh - it's 3 years away - I'm only 37 - and worry about that when the day comes :)I spent the morning of my birthday teaching in Waumba Land - the 3 - 5 year old Sunday School class. Oh my word - let me say - I was feeling my age - and my ears, were a ringing by the end of the morning. They are a blast though - HOWEVER, I'm glad we team teach and I only have one Sunday a month -lol.
Lexi is in the class - and as I mentioned last week - I was pleasantly surprised by her calm deminor. There are a few in the class that are a bit 'energetic'. Lexi usually gets charged by activity like that and although she usually doesn't' go to the same extreme - has gotten distracted in the past - but yesterday, my word, she stayed on task and LISTENED!
We taught about tough choices - and how we can do all things through Christ. Our story was about Samuel - and his challenge to pick the next King. We told how Samuel presented each brother to God - and how God answered and said, 'no ... not him' - until Samuel felt like he had exhausted his choices - and God reminded him about .... and that's when Lexi raised her hand and waited patiently to be called on .... and when called on she answered, "God reminded him of 'Dave'" :) proud Mommy moment I must say :) This is an exciting point in a child's life to watch when they listen - retain and converse :) - she's getting it :) it's an important reminder that she watches and listens to everything everything - whether we question it some days or not :).
After church, we headed to a favorite hang out - Treworgy's Farm and Orchard. It was PACKED. Ok - it is 'fall' - apples are ready for picking - and the pumpkins have made their way to the stands - but still!! We wanted to stop by to say 'hey' to our favorite goats and hang out in the barn. And we did - and had a great time - until it started to pour :).
On our way back to town, we stopped at a little convenience store that has a take-out counter and tables to eat - and who did we run in to!? OUR NEIGHBORS!!! :) lol - their daughter and her son 'L' who just happens to be the love of Lexi's life right now :). Now ... this joint we were at is not at all near our house - as a matter of fact - it's a good 50 miles out - in a small town not really on the main drag so to speak - so we were completely surprised to see them there :). We chatted and waited for our pizza. After they left, we waited and waited and waited - until Jay went back to the counter to check things out and found that they lost our order :) - lovely - we waited 30 minutes for nothing - but told them nicely to place it again and we'd wait - and to find in the end, they refunded our card and lunch was on them ... which was a super nice surprise - I didn't know people did that anymore :). We headed home and relaxed for the rest of the day.
On Saturday, Jay asked me if I'd like to go somewhere to celebrate my birthday - and I told him, the best gift I could have would be some 'me time' to work on the quilt I'm making for Lexi. He took the girls most of the day - as hot and humid as it was - and played with them in the pool and occupied their time so I could get a good way on my quilt :). That was my favorite present!!
Well - there you have it - a scrambled report of our weekend :). It was good - a very happy birthday - and most of all - family fun!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment