OK - we go to the library regularly, or purchase most of our books online if we decide to buy. HOWEVER, there are times when you just want to run into the bookstore looking for a particular title to add to your collection. Well ... we don't do that often, because we live 35 miles from our nearest bookstore (that doesn't include Walmart and the magazine rack at Rite Aid - lol) and I'm often hesitant to haul the girls down to Bangor and then in to Borders to search for an item not knowing if it is indeed in stock. Also, I have considered calling to check, but I don't always have the pleasure of having an uninterrupted phone conversation. I ran across something however, that has proven to make my day easier :) - check this out!!!!!
You can search specific stores, and if the title is still in print, they will order it and notify you when it is in. Now, I know I could buy it online and have it sooner probably, but there are times when a certain title isn't necessarily needed immediately - and this comes in handy. Hooray Borders!!




1 comment:
Okay, since you are a book purchaser like myself, now you need to check out www.paperbackswap.com and get on board. You can take all the books you've read and won't read again or whatever, list them, and when someone requests it, send it off. When they receive it in the mail, you get a credit, that you can turn around and use to request a book for free from someone else! I'm using my crafty little noggin to get rid of books I don't want anymore and then request the hardcover, expensive books I want to build Henry's library with. Oh, and they give you 3 credits free when you list your first 9 books. I just started last night, and I already mailed off 3 books today, which means I will soon have a total of 6 credits (including those 3 free ones). I already used 1 credit to request a brand new hardcover copy of Charlotte's Web for when Henry gets older - which I figured would have set me back at least $15 or $16 at Borders. Not too shabby, huh? I'm sure the general idea is to request a book, read it, repost it to swap out again, etc., etc., but that is what the library is for in my opinion!
Post a Comment