Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Where oh where oh where did Ruth go!?

This has been a BUSY week - and a busy weekend leading up to this week. Jason is out of town in Nashville at a convention for work ... so, it's been the girls and I since early Sunday morning. Jason is on his way home :) and hopefully things will be back to normal a little more. I must say, the girls are doing GREAT - and the weather has been really nice - so that has been helpful too.

We have stayed close to home most of the time, taking advantage of playing outside and rearranging the playroom and getting other things coordinated for my parents upcoming trip (YEAH!!!)We have a long list of things to do before they get here (prepping for projects they're going to help with not to mention getting the house in order for guests :). So - don't be surprised if we're hit or miss the next week or so.

I've got some photos to share - they were taken over the course of ONE week. Notice the change in clothing on the girls ... we went from WINTER coats to spring wear all within days ... YES, I said WINTER COATS. We had snow in our forecast last week (THANK GOODNESS we didn't see any) and our lows have been dipping into the lower thirty's during the night. My plants have been doing fine thank goodness!

Speaking of plants. A woman that I have gotten to know in the area offered some of her perennials to us. We gladly snatched them up - and spent last Saturday out at her farm gathering them, as well as visiting her domesticated ducks - Lexi LOVED feeding them worms by hand! We spent Saturday planting around the yard. Most of the perennials passed on to us are great forms of ground cover. I'll post more about them later (when I think of it ! :)) . We're pleased, because we've got some challenging spots in our yard where things were 'removed' by the previous owner before we took occupancy thank you very much :) - so we're experimenting and seeing what happens. Another GREAT thing, is that she shared a rhubarb plant with me - and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can baby it along into a HUGE rhubarb patch - I think the plants are almost prettier to look at sometimes than to eat - notice I said SOMETIMES :).












No comments: