Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What in the world?

Last night, I had THE strangest dream. ...I was back at Bethel (I graduated from Bethel College, now Bethel University, in St. Paul, Minnesota in 1993) and it was graduation.

It was moments before the ceremony, and I discovered that I didn't have THE graduation shoes (what in the world?). I searched and searched and learned that I had to RUN to the seminary (opposite side of campus) through the woods, down a path that ran through my old summer camp to an open field to find them.

The field contained row after row of tables holding boxes of graduation gear. Each box contained a name, I searched and searched, and couldn't find my name ANYWHERE. I ran back to the auditorium to find the ceremony had started.

As I looked across the auditorium, I saw my family, including my brother and family who had flown in from Georgia, sitting looking for me in the crowd of graduates. I hid behind the doors in the hallway, wondering what in the world I was going to tell them. Why weren't my graduation shoes there!? Hence, I didn't graduate, and I woke up just as my mom looked at me from across the room.

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?!?!? - and WHY graduation SHOES? - not to mention - what are they! lol Perhaps this dream was conjured up due to my anticipation and excitement for this weeks episode of Lost - perhaps? When I'm stressed, I usually have the dream where I find myself during finals week needing to present something for a class I never attended. I'm not stressed, actually, quite content right now :). Perhaps it's my sub-conscious telling me to lose the flip flops I've been wearing :). Or- that I'm due for a much needed pedicure?! Oh the things that roam the mind!

No comments: