Friday, March 02, 2007

It's TIME .. It's TIME ... Did they just say "IT'S TIME"?!

Ultimate Blog Party

With an impending snow storm here in the Northeast, I am GLAD to have something to celebrate. Well... I always have something to celebrate, I guess I should say ... have SOMEONE to celebrate with! WELCOME to "Thyen Party of Four"! Stay a bit, I'm glad to get to know you!!

What is "Thyen Party of Four" all about? It's a little piece of me ... Ruth ... 36 year old stay home mom to two incredible girls. A wife to my best friend Jay. Daughter, sister, friend, auntie .... I think you get the jest :)

Our blog started out as a way to communicate with family and friends after moving cross country from Minnesota to Maine in March 2004. In addition to a communication resource, it has become a learning tool and source for creativity. I'm looking forward to seeing it grow and develop, much like our lives! :)

TONIGHT - we're going to celebrate with a family and regional favorite snack of POUTINE (The phonetic pronunciation is 'poutsin'):

Poutine is Acadian slang for mushy mess and is best described as a heart attack in a bowl.

  • French Fries
  • Gravy
  • Cheese Curds

When the curds are placed on the fries and the hot gravy is poured on top, the three flavors combine to produce what can only be described as the BEST junk food taste sensation on earth.

Although we are not Canadian (close enough to it though living in northern Maine :) ) - we have had some pretty YUMMY samplings here in Maine ... lots of good French Canadian residents around here.

I am so glad I stumbled across 5minutesformoms.com LAST WEEK!! I have found valuable resources, met interesting women, and most of all, have found a tiny little get-away just for me. It's a big punch wrap up in a small package. Get all the info you need in five minutes or less, or spend some valuable 'me' time browsing and taking your time checking TONS of stuff out.

For all my regular 'fans' who visit (friends and family) - this is a great week of celebration with new friends at 5 Minutes for Moms. If you haven't heard of it, be sure to visit via the link above and see what they're all about!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Great party!! It looks like you have a nice blog!! Come on over and visit!

Unknown said...

Wow looking at the snow you've received..I guess I shouldn't complain that it is snowing here once again..LIGHTLY.

I had fun visiting your site. :o)

jodifur said...

Just stopping by via the party. I'm party hopping!

Roo said...

Hi Ruth!
I REALLY like your name. :)

Shalom!

Monkey Giggles said...

YUMMY YUMMY....

Swinging in for the Ultimate Blog Party. Nice to meet ya!!!

Have a great party week.

PARTY ON!!

My first party favor give away has begun at:

monkeygiggles.blogspot.com

Bookmom said...

Oh my word, POUTINE! We had it on our honeymoon and fell in love with it! And you can scarcely get fresh enough curds here. We've seen it with roast chicken, or with coney sauce instead of gravy (which is called a "Michigan" for some odd reason). Readers, you HAVE to make this--it's heaven! Hand-cut fries, fresh curds, and the gravy is called "veloute" and you can buy it online!

OK, enough raving...come over to my place, womanwithmanyhats.com, for some festive exploding bubbles!

Jen and family said...

Hi Ruth nice to meet you
you have cute daughters :)
visit me at http://jenz.wordpress.com/

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

why - you said such lovely things about us - i am blushing! SO glad you like our site!!!

My hubby is French Canadian - so we know ALL about Poutine - although I have NEVER made it in our house!!! But my hubby salivates at the mere mention of that artery-clogging nightmare in a dish!

So wonderful to meet you and thanks for joining our party!

Shalee said...

Oh man, I can see why it's called a heart attack in a bowl! But I've never tried it, so I'll just have to take your word that it's the best junk food taste...

And I think I would die living that far north. Not really, but you know, I would be a walking popsicle all the time!

Nice to meet you via the party.