Thursday, March 15, 2007

Fog Fog EVERYWHERE

My goodness, we can barely see our neighbors house this morning. The temps are mild, and after a day of rain and rain all night and rain again today, the air is MOIST, snow is cold, temps warm, it makes for a soupy environment!

Yesterday, the girls and I dropped Jay off at work and we headed out on the town :). I have some crafts I would like to start on. Some really neat baby gift ideas that I really am striving to market. SO - after a quick stop at Starbucks, Cate, Lexi and I headed to Mardens (The EPITOME of bargain shopping here in Maine). They have an INCREDIBLE fabric department with average prices of quilting fabrics around $2.50/yard - compared to prices of $6/yard and UP at Joann's - etc. We found some great patterns, struck up some fun conversations with some grandmotherly like customers :) - and also purchased an Easter Bunny plate (.99) to boot.

Lexi had an appointment at 'The Beauty Parlor' - as she calls it :) for a hair cut. It's cute as can be as always :). Cate and I hung out in the newly decorated addition to our 'beauty lady's ' home - VERY RELAXING and spa like (great for kiddos and moms! :) ).

We rounded a corner to a local kids resale shop and got a couple CUTE outfits for the girls :) - to Joann fabrics for more 'ideas' - all topped off with lunch at McDonald's - INSIDE at Lexi's request (no - play center - just a nice north woods atmosphere). Lexi and Cate got lots of compliments from the seniors enjoying their lunch too.

We had a very nice day together 'bumming around' like my mom would always say :).

No comments: