Monday, October 30, 2006

I Wanna Be a Cowgirl

(picture of Lexi to follow - check back on the 31st)

Today was THE BIG DAY. It's the day of the big Halloween party at school - and Lexi was psyched! As a matter of fact, her first words this morning were, 'where's my costume'.Lexi told me weeks ago, that she wanted to be a cowgirl for Halloween which surprised me as she is a BIG fan of Care Bears, Disney Princess and a host of other commercial things. I was pleased she chose such a different character to portray.

I picked up a super cute t-shirt from Old Navy - it says, "I Want to be a Cowgirl" on it with a girl riding a horse and a lasso. She is also sporting a cute pleated jean skirt, a brown longsleeve shirt under her 't' (remember, it's Maine!), the cutest polka dot tights and a cute brown knit vest - she's a walking Old Navy ad today :).
Her outfit is topped off with the cutest cowboy boots Lexi got for her birthday from Grandma Mattson, a cowboy hat we bought during our last visit to Minnesota, and a horse (on a stick) we picked up at Toys R Us. The best part - other than she's cuter than anything! - is that we can REUSE every single piece of her costume, vs putting another costume in the toy trunk etc. I scored - because every piece of her outfit was on sale and not over $5 a piece - and they can be worn with tons of different things in her closet. Ye-Haw!! :)

No comments: