This week FLEW by. Lexi had Monday off from school for Columbus Day. We had a good time watching the new Backyardigan episode and hanging out. Tuesday was more of the same - Lexi though was getting really anxious for school again Wednesday.Jason dropped Lexi off Wednesday morning .. and Cate and I headed down to Orono to run some errands before getting Lexi around 10:30. I pulled up in the school parking lot a little early thinking I'll hang out in the car and listen to the radio so Lexi could take advantage of the extra playtime. Well .... out came one of the teachers - and headed toward my car. She told me that Lexi had been asking to go home - and actually FELL ASLEEP in the playhouse during recess. For those of you who know Lexi - you know that is NOT the norm!! They had called our house around 11 - but Cate and I were already running errands etc. I came inside to find her laying on the cushions in the book nook - so sad - I felt awful for not being around!!
SO - the past two days we have spent at home recouping and relaxing (Lexi - not so much me) trying to get her back in shape. We had a doctors appointment this morning to check her ears and throat - she had been complaining about both - but they look fine. So after all our running around this morning, we're enjoying a sunny Friday afternoon inside.
Lexi is playing with Cate in the playroom. It's becoming more and more evident t me how much Cate loves Lexi - and how much she misses having her around when she is in school. Cate is actually quite the stinker when Lexi isn't around - and this week while Lex was under the weather, Cate acted like it too - because she didn't have Lexi's undivided attention :). I think I'm going to take advantage of it and make a pot of coffee and turn on some soft music.
Have a great weekend!
ta-ta



No comments:
Post a Comment