Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Pictures from our trip to Minnesota

We have LOTS more to share - but left our camera port in Minnesota - it's being sent back to us - and we'll post them as soon as it arrives!

We had SUCH a good time during our visit back home. A lot of our time was spent getting things ready for the open house - but like they say, "many hands make light work". My cousin Paula flew in from Texas before the open house. It was so nice hanging out with her before the open house. Not only fun - but a HUGE help. She was my right hand 'woman' with Cate :) - and can chop peppers like no one else I've ever seen :). We also had good conversations - especially while driving around the NW subburbs while running errands :) - shhh, I wasn't 'lost'.

My niece Ang was over a lot - unfortunately, most of the times she stopped by, I was asleep. This mommy knocks out early! :) I got a refresher course in driving a 5 speed as I tooled around town in her car running errands. What can I say, Ang is like my little sister - and we talk all the time. Coming home was just like picking up where we left off last time. Even though it had been months since we'd seen each other.

I finally got to meet up with my old friend Cheryl. Cheryl and I go WAY back - to our freshman year in college. We went our own ways for almost six years, but got back in touch last year - in time to bring each other up to date. I was giddy when they pulled up to my parents for dinner. I finally got to meet her hubby and Miss Allison - their sweet 1 1/2 year old. I loved picking up where we left off... and watching our girls interact. Thank goodness for email. It helps branch the miles between us!

My brother Bob and his family were up from Atlanta. We enjoyed a special night at Gaustaf's (a german restaurant) - for my dad's birthday while they were up. We met them and my brother Steve's family for a night of celebration and polka music. I was pleased to hear of my niece Katie's asperations to become a concert accordian player (HA!!!!) . Too much fun !!!!

We made a milestone trip to Chuck E Cheese while in town. That may not sound that exciting but it was for a certain 3 year old who has been working on a goal chart to go. We spent the afternoon eating pizza, playing games and running around. Can you believe we even left with a stuffed Chuck E Cheese doll. Boy we're pushovers aren't we.

We got to see oodles of friends and family while everyone was in town for the Open House. My aunt Jackie and cousin Julie made the trip up from the South West. My cousin Doug and Valerie made it up and introduced Mr. Henry to us all (what a charmer!). My cousin Marie and Richard made it up as well from Atlanta. What is the next event we can plan to get us all together again .... SOON!!!!!! :)

That's just a small glimpse of what we did while we were in MN. We enjoyed every minute of it. The girls did a supurb job during the flights from Boston and back - and then the four hour drive back up to Maine. We couldnt' have asked for better behaved kids. Hopefully we can make a trip back SOON!!

No comments: