Friday, April 14, 2006
Happy Friday!
Well - we've made it through our first complete week home since our trip to Minnesota. I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised. With all the attention and action the girls had (especially Lexi), I was a bit nervous that they would have a harder time adjusting to the 'pace' here at home. But, I think Lexi was really pleased to be back around her things. She's been so content, she hasn't really wanted to go to school - HOWEVER, once she is there, she is very pleased to be. We are going to an Easter Egg Hunt in Orono - the town we lived in before moving to Howland. This will be our third year - it is becoming a tradition. Last year, Lexi won the raffle for the 'grand prize' - a really cool Easter basket stocked to the hilt. :) We also hunted in the snow - thankfully (hopefully) the snow is gone this year. We'll be going to church Sunday - and then enjoy a quiet day at home. Did I say QUIET?! I forgot, we are starting a 'project' this weekend. Many of you haven't seen many pictures of the INSIDE of our house :) - that's because the owners before us did their last major renovation in the 70's - or we hope it was in the 70's. Since we've moved in, we've proceeded to paint almost every room in the house - because it has lovely faux paneling in EVERY ROOM - in EVERY COLOR (I kid you not, the playroom has putrid blue paneling). We were also blessed with an incredibly ugly drop ceiling (yes, paneled drop ceiling) in the LIVING ROOM. WHAT were they thinking?! Well, this weekend, the drop ceiling is going 'bye bye'. We're taking it out, and taking down the lathe above to expose some really cool timber beams. We're planning on painting the beams - we'll see what happens :) - we'll post before and after pictures this weekend if all works out. We are also going to repaint the living room. The color we picked (I picked) - doesn't quite feel right - so we're going to start that too. Slowly but surely, we'll get our house feeling like home :). On that note, I'm going to close. Lexi and I are dying Easter Eggs today - I'll post pictures later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment